We had our first meeting last week and have agreed on our theme for this the first of what we hope is an adventure with Messy Church. Our next meeting is Wednesday 2nd May, either in the computer suite or one of the upstairs club rooms. If you volunteered for this ( many months ago, Rev Kay has your names :) but were unable to come to the first meeting then please feel free to come along on the 2nd. Our first Messy Church is on Sunday 13th May from 2 - 4pm. Please remember all those involved in your prayers and especially all the families who will be invited along.
As the name suggests there may be times when the kids get messy! So, if you have any old towels lying around in the house please bring them along to the church ( even on a Sunday) so the children can get their hands washed and dried between each activity. Thank You.
Week beginning Sunday 22nd April 2018
CAMERON HOUSE, INVERNESS
Cameron House is home to 30 people who are at various stages in their journey with dementia.
* Pray that, dependant on Godís enabling, we will be able to offer the best care to our service users, thus enabling them to continue to live lives marked by dignity and a true sense of value.
* Give thanks for our new sensory, dementia friendly garden. From the start of this project we experienced a profound sense of Godís leading - it is our prayer that this facility will enhance the lives of those who live, work or visit Cameron House.
* give thanks for the commitment of the care staff at Cameron House. Pray that they will be given the energy, enthusiasm and skill they need for the often challenging tasks of the carer.
* Pray for relationships with the relatives of our service users, many of whom have cared for their loved ones for a lengthy period of time. We look to God to help us to minister to relatives as well as service users.
* As we seek to provide care for those who are terminally ill, pray that we would do so with sensitivity and wisdom. Remember the staff in this rose as this can be a time when extreme professionalism is called for, but also a time when staff may require significant level or support.
* Give thanks for Minister and lay people in our community who come along every Sunday to lead the worship at Cameron House. Pray that we will be mindful that care is about the spiritual as well as the physical.
All Organisations are off this week due to communion cleaning.
Starts tomorrow from 9 am - 9pm, Tuesday 9-3pm and Wednesday 9 - 3pm ( we might finish at lunch-time on the Wednesday but wonít know til then!) Please feel free to come along at any time and for any length of time. We try to have a morning break around 10.30 with a time of worship. All Welcome
The prayer focus for this month is 'Equality and Discrimination'