New Welwynd are hosting a concert for Christian Aid this Friday 23rd February @ 7.30 pm. David Stewart organist and the New Wellwynd Choir will be entertaining with tea and home baking provided by the Choir. Please give your support to Airdrie Christian Aid. Tickets are £5 from Margaret Elliott contact 07809472407
usually just known as “The Caley Choir”. The Caley dates back to 1945, when a group of bowlers (many of them recently demobbed from the forces and not unused to having a sing-song) would gather together round a piano in the clubhouse to sing. From these early beginnings grew one of the best known male voice choirs in Scotland. You can find out more at http://www.hamiltoncaleychoir.org.uk. It is just over a year now since May Barnes took over as our musical director, and during that time the choir has been very busy building on its already extensive repertoire. This session we have already sung at a major fundraising concert at Dalziel St Andrew's Church in Motherwell and are soon to perform at a charity concert being organised by the Rotary Club of Strathaven in aid of SSAFA and the two Lanarkshire hospices. As is usual at this time of year, we are also preparing hard for the Lanarkshire Festival of Male Voice Choirs, to be held in Hamilton Townhouse on Friday 23 March. Confident in our new and improved repertoire, we can now look forward to our next session (September 2018 to March 2019). The choir is available to perform at charity or other events, either on its own (we can of course include our own soloists) or in cooperation with other choirs, groups or individual musicians. Concerts at Christmas time, for example, could well fit into the latter category. The choir's policy is to charge a standard fee of £75 for a concert, although that figure can be lowered or waived entirely in support of a particularly good cause.
If your organisation has a project in mind, we would be very happy to hear from you and to discuss what might be possible. My email address is given above; I can also be contacted at 01357 520917 or 07974 956444. - Ian Valentine, Secretary
Week beginning Sunday 18th February 2018
ADAMS HOUSE, ELDERSLIE
* Pray for all the residents here at Adams House, that they would feel safe, comforted and loved in all that they do.
* Pray that Adams House and those within it feel the blessing of God and the Holy Spirit every house of every day.
* Give thanks for the continuing hard work of our staff and bless them with patience, compassion and good health to continue our work in Christ’s name.
* Pray for the relatives of our residents, that they would feel secure and happy with the care provided and we give thanks for their continued support.
* Pray for all of the services under the CrossReach umbrella that in difficult times they will find the strength to carry on and realise the incredibly valuable work that they do every day.
* Give thanks for our Friends’ Group and surrounding churches for their time and fundraising efforts which help us provide a better service for our residents.
* Pray for our volunteers and we give thanks that they have been moved by God to come and help us here at Adams House
MURDER MYSTERY NIGHT: Students from Glasgow Clyde College are organising a Murder Mystery Night as part of their college course. Tickets cost £29 and include dinner, drink and 'The Murder Mystery'. It is Friday 23rd February, 7pm – 11pm in Mr Singh's India, 149 Elderslie St, Glasgow, G3 7JR. For tickets please contact Christopher Gilchrist 07889631625 or email firstname.lastname@example.org