A huge thank you to everyone who donated home baking or bought cakes, biscuits etc for the services we had during Holy Week. It was very much appreciated - especially by those who ate it :)
A reminder for Jacksons representatives that this group will meet on Monday 29th April at 7.30pm in St. Edward's.
A reminder the next meeting will be on Tuesday 30th April at 1.30pm. The meeting will take place at 5 Poplar St.
The next session of this bereavement programme will begin on Monday night 6th May. Letters have been posted to those families Rev Kay has conducted funerals for over the past year or so. However if you have suffered a bereavement where Rev Kay has not been involved but would like to find out more about this programme and think it would benefit you, then please speak to Carol Anne Hendrie.
Tickets for the 175th Dance on Saturday 14th September will be going on sale from Sunday 1st of May £25 each. Please see Kate Campbell. If you will be on holiday at this time please talk to Kate. Thanks Anna Milton
Week beginning Sunday 21st April 2019
Balmedie House, Aberdeen
Residential accommodation and day care for older people in a rural setting just outside Aberdeen.
* Remember new residents as they settle into their new home, and for the residents who have lived at Balmedie House for a while, as they adjust to changes around them.
* For all those who use the day care service; that they would build trust and receive the care they need in the loving Balmedie House environment.
* Thanks for the beauty of Balmedie; for the comfort and warmth within the home and for the wildlife that visits its gardens.
* For the staff, residents and their families and friends who visit them. May God keep them safe.
* Thanks for the Sunday afternoon service and for all who lead and participate during this time of worship; bringing residents, staff and the community together.
* Balmedia House is thankful for the Friendsí Group that continues to provide support in many different ways to the residents and staff.
* For the staff team as they strive to provide a high standard of care and support. May they experience the Lordís blessing.
Starts Monday all day from 9am - 9pm. 9am - 3pm Tuesday and Wednesday ( although if we get enough volunteers we could be finished before 3 on Wednesday. This is a great time of fun and fellowship as well as getting God's house prepared for our Communion Celebration. Many hands make light work! Come along and do what you can in the time you are able to give. Thank You.
As part of our 175th Anniversary celebrations, Rev Kay is thinking of having an evening Gospel Service - like we used to have 'way back when' :) There will be a sheet in the vestibule for you to write suggestions on using the old Redemption Hymn book and the Jackson blue chorus book. If we get too many 'favourites' then don't despair we will just need to have another Gospel Service later win the year. At the moment it is pencilled in for Sunday evening 19th May.
As you know Dunrobin and Petersburn schools will be amalgamating soon in the new school building named Hilltop Primary. Dunrobin Primary have organised a few events to mark 'an end of an era' some are within the school during the day with the children. Rev Kay has been asked to intimate an OPEN EVENING on Thursday 9th May for the local community, former staff and pupils. Take note in your diary!
Please note the poster on the notice board in the vestibule with details of an upcoming concert by Glasgow Caledonian Fiddle Orchestra in Hillhouse Parish Church on 24th April at 7.30pm.