Councillor Michael Coyle has arranged a public meeting to be held in the Four Isles Community Centre, this Wednesday evening 19th June at 7pm to discuss the problem of Anti Social Behaviour. There will also be members of the emergency services there. If you have issues you want to discuss then you are invited to go along to this meeting.
On Saturday in the church grounds ( pray for good weather and we'll just 'assume for one day only' God does work in mysterious ways re controlling the weather ) It is from 12 - 4 pm. Spread the word and encourage the community to come along and share in our 175th Anniversary Celebrations.
Last meeting of the session this Tuesday, so again please remember all Presbyters in your prayers on Tuesday evening as we share communion fellowship before the business meeting.
A weee 'shout out'....as you may be aware our theme this year is Noah's Ark. If you are out and about and come across any materials or resources you think may be of use then please feel free to pick them up and let Rev Kay know. Thank you
There will be a collection of clothes for Scottish Action For Refugees in Coatbridge Baptist Church on Saturday 22nd June from 11am to 1pm. We need clothes for men, women and children- coats, jackets, jumpers, cardigans, long sleeved tops, trousers, boots, trainers, socks, tights, hats, scarves, gloves, thermals, leggings, bras, new pants and baby sleep suits, snowsuits and sleeping bags- basically anything suitable for winter. Coffee, tea and cake will be available for anyone who brings clothes on the day, but if you canít make it but have items to donate, please contact Liz Neilson on 07947067685.
Week beginning Sunday 16th June 2019
CrossReach Counselling; Moray
One to one counselling for adults and young people in a safe and confidentiual environment, based in Buckie. The service also offers a perinatal service
* Thanks for the dedicated team of volunteers who have such a passion for the work they do and for new volunteers coming on board.
* Remember the counselling team in Inverness as they step out on their own after many years of being part of Moray, May they continue to develop as a source of support in their community.
* Courage for individuals to contact the service. May their lives be changed and strengthened and may they find peace as a result of their experience in counselling.
* For the securing of funding to develop the perinatal service, a vital service for the health and wellbeing of mother and child.
* Wisdom for the daily running of the service. May there be a real sense of love and respect as the team work together.
* Thanks for the availability of local trainers who help the team keep their skills up-to-date.
Next Sunday 23rd June is our Prizegiving Service. We are all very proud of our young people who come and share worship as well as their stories and achievements outwith church life with us each week. We are truly blessed to have our young people as a vital part of our church TODAY and NOT the church of TOMORROW ( Rev Kay's bug bear! )
As you are aware the churches 175th Anniversary Dinner Dance is to be held on 14th September in Airdrie Football Stadium. Tickets £25 per person are now on sale and are being offered to friends and relatives not just members. This will be a great evening, time to get together for a good meal, a blether and a dance. If you canít dance come along and watch those trying to dance. There is also a disco later for those young ones or young at heart.
Please see Kate Campbell for tickets.
The Art Club is finished for this session and will resume on Tuesday September 10th at the usual times of 12pm to 2pm.
All members will be notified of the start date by post in late August
As we are now officially in the 'summer season' the church heating will be off for the next few months. As our lovely Scottish weather is unpredictable, make sure you wear a cardigan/jumper just in case we go back to the winter and skip autumn sooner than we think. You have been warned !:)