Next week is the last week elders will conduct prayers for the summer months. Rev Kay AS ALWAYS Ė is very kind and gives them the summer off!! Thanks to all elders who have participated this past session. We look forward to sharing prayers with you again in September during Sunday worship.
Can all those who are able to take part in this years summer club please note we will meet next Sunday 25th June in the Small Hall after tea and coffee to finalise arrangements.
If you have a child who doesn't attend Dunrobin or Petersburn Primary then they won't have received a registration/flyer from Rev Kay. If you would like to enrol them in the summer club then there are forms at the front of the church on the communion table. Please fill it in and if possible return to Rev Kay today. If you need further information then please speak to her.
The KFC Trip is on Saturday 24th June to Heads of Ayr Farm Park. Bus will leave the church at 9am and return for 6pm. The cost is £10 for adults and also for children. Children under 2 are free.
A reminder to meet with Rev Kay tomorrow night at 7pm in the Computer Suite to discuss next sessions teaching plan.
Next week is the last Sunday for printed intimations. If you would like something intimated then please make sure you speak to Rev Kay before 10.45 any Sunday. The CrossReach prayers will be shown on the screen before the service starts, so please take a note of at least one of them to remember in prayer the following week.
Please remember the family of Scott Watterson 1c Mossview Cres who died this past week.
Jesus said, "In my Father's house there are many mansions."
Week beginning Sunday 18th June 2017
MORLICH HOUSE, EDINBURGH
A residential care home for older people in Morningside.
* Pray for the residents that they may always feel Godís love and support, especially during difficult times in their lives.
* Give thanks for the support we received to create our 1950s street, for everyone who has helped create this welcome addition which is enjoyed by all.
* Pray for the staff team that they would find renewed strength to face new challenges as support needs of residents change.
* Give thanks for our links with the local community, and for our Friendsí Group and local nursery, who bring much joy to the service users and staff.
* Pray for the families and friends of the residents; remember them as they spend valuable time with their loved one, and pray that they may be comforted to know they are safe and cared for.
* Give thanks for the privilege it is to care for people at a vulnerable stage in life and for the joy of meeting new people and sharing life experiences.
* Pray that we always work to honour God; that we continue to be a close and supportive staff team, encouraging each other and acknowledging each oneís special skills they bring that makes the service better.
Airdrie: Jackson Church of Scotland -
Scottish Charity Number: SC004083.
Christopher Gilchrist and friends are organising Charity night in aid of St. Andrew's Hospice. It will be held on Saturday 8th July in Club 100 in Holytown. Tickets are priced £5. Please see Rev Kay or Christopher for tickets and further details.
Team Jackson have been very supportive of this organisation and they are extremely grateful for what we offer each week. They have asked for a few specific items which they seem to run out of very quickly. They are in need of small items of toiletries like toothbrushes, shampoo, soap and the like. So if we could help with these basic essentials I am sure they will be received from grateful families.