A new date of Monday 22nd May has been set for the next Film evening at 7.15pm following the abandonment of the last one when the projector packed in. Hopefully all will be well and the intended film “The Ship” will be shown successfully this time. This film was produced by Bill Brydon who you may remember made “The Big Picnic” which we showed two years ago to a joint Clarkston / Jackson audience. The Ship was filmed at a live production within the same Harland & Wolff shipyard warehouse in 1990 as part of Glasgow’s Year of Culture. It is really worth seeing
(provided the projector works ) Please come along and enjoy real Glasgow patter, humour and tragedy.
Week beginning Sunday 21st May 2017
SOCIAL CARE COUNCIL (CROSSREACH)
The Social Care Council oversees the work of CrossReach and comprises 31 people who have a relevant professional background or particular interest in social care.
* Give thanks for the enthusiastic support for CrossReach from the outgoing Moderator and his wife and pray for Rt. Rev. Dr. Derek Browning as he takes on the role for the coming year.
* Give thanks for the 25 years of dedication to the organisation from our outgoing Chief Executive Peter Bailey and pray for him and his wife Anne as they enter retirement.
* Pray for our new Chief Executive Mrs Viv Dickenson who has been appointed to lead CrossReach on the next stage of its journey,
* Pray for the Commissioners attending this week’s General Assembly for the wisdom in all their decision making and their continuing support for the Church’s social care mission in Scotland. Pray too that they will be inspired to speak about the work of CrossReach as they go back to their own churches and Presbyteries.
* Pray that churches will use the Social Care Forum website ( www.socialcareforum.scot ) as a resource to help share and develop local congregational care initiatives.
* Pray that CrossReach will continue to reach out as a major force in Scottish Social Care provision – serving in Christ’s name.
Airdrie: Jackson Church of Scotland -
Scottish Charity Number: SC004083.
Jesus said “come to me all you who are tired and weary and I will give you rest”
Please remember the family of Chrissie Miller one of our longest serving members who sadly died last week at the ripe old age of almost 96.
Anyone wishing to help with the summer club this year get in touch with Morag McLachlan asap on 01236 605853, email@example.com or speak to me at church. Thanks Morag
This Wednesday we will discuss a few bible passages as we think about How to cope with hard times. A few thoughts for those of you who would like to be part of this group but cannot make it at the designated time - When things are difficult in your life do you find it easy to ask others for help or not? Why? - When life is tough, how does that affect your relationship with God?
Airdrie Council of Churches have organised a Pentecost Service for today at 3pm in Chapelhall Parish Church. All Welcome
There are a few items at the book stall which you may want to purchase to help this cause. There are CD's of Glasgow Pheonix Choir price £5. There is a wee book - 'Pearls of Wisdom' celebrating 30 years of St Andrew's Hospice price £3 and there are specially made lapel pins of a dove price £3. There is also a poster informing all the dog owners/walkers of Paws in the Park, a 6K Sponsored Adventure in Strathclyde Park on Sunday 20th August 2017. All details are on the poster including details for registration.
Again this will be held on Saturday 3rd June. As always those in the church and parish who have been bereaved in the past 2 years and Rev Kay has conducted the funeral or knows about, will be invited to attend. As always though, if you have been bereaved and it's been over 2 years and Rev Kay may not know about it, then you and members of your family are welcome to attend. Just please remember to give Rev Kay or Sandra Andrews your name.
Team Jackson have been very supportive of this organisation and they are extremely grateful for what we offer each week. They have asked for a few specific items which they seem to run out of very quickly. They are in need of small items of toiletries like toothbrushes, shampoo, soap and the like. So if we could help with these basic essentials I am sure they will be received from grateful families.
Hello there folks, we are pleased to be able to let you know of our next Big Sing event. This has been organised for Sunday 25th June at 6.30pm in Bellshill Central.
This Big Sing supports a very worthwhile charity – Toilet Twinning. Please look them up online to see exactly who they support and help. Entry is once again free but an offering will be taken and also opportunities to donate before and after. We hope to have a speaker from the charity to share with us news of their work. The best Bellshill cuppa will also be available afterwards in the hall.
I've attached a poster for you to share as widely as possible. We've created a Facebook event on our page so please check that out also, like it and say you're coming. It would be great to see you and your friends join with us on the 25th for this Summer BIG Sing and we hope you'll bring a plus one with you to boost the numbers further.....Yours Alan Mathew,Organist
Bellshill Central Parish Church of Scotland 346 Main Street, Bellshill, ML4 1BA Welcome to Bellshill Central Parish Church of Scotland