Church off Sunday 21st due to weather forecast and recommendation from met office.
Please let anyone you can think of know. Kay
The first film evening of the new year is planned for Monday 29th January at 7.00pm in the rear lower hall. A warm welcome is extended to everyone to come along and enjoy a selection of heritage, scenic and classic comedy films. plus the usual light refreshments
Week beginning Sunday 21st January 2018
ESKMILLS PROJECT, EDOMBURGH & EAST LOTHIAN
Eskmills Project supports adults who have a learning disability and provides accommodation for 18 service user’s in East Lothian and Edinburgh.
* Give thanks to the hard-working team at Eskmills especially in this time of change. Pray for their continued health and well-being as they support those who use our service.
* Pray for service manager Graham Stewart as he leads both Eskmills and Threshold Edinburgh.
Pray that God would give him guidance and wisdom as he makes decisions about the two services.
* Remember those who used our service who passed away last year and pray particularly for their families.
* Pray that God would be with those who use our service and may they enjoy a great quality of life and enjoy all the wonderful activities that they attend on a weekly basis.
* Give thanks for our talented artist Colin Robertson for the wonderful art group he provides enabling those who use our service to communicate through art and embrace their creativity
* Give thanks to God for enabling Eskmills to come together on the second Tuesday of every month to share a meal together and provide a Forum for those who use our service. Give thanks for the laughter, happiness and joy this brings
Airdrie: Jackson Church of Scotland -
Scottish Charity Number: SC004083.
Meet this Tuesday at 7.30 pm in the Small Hall. There is no speaker this week, it is a Beetle Drive with BIG SURPRISE PRIZE for the winner! :)
Service of Worship organised by Airdrie Council of Churches will be held in Airdrie:High Church today at 3pm and will be led by Reverend Dr. Ian McDonald. Different speakers will take part in this serve including Rev Kay. Tea, coffee and home baking will be served after the service. All Welcome. Poster on notice board in the vestibule with further details.
Due to the weather last week we didn't meet, so the reading is still the same for this week . We meet on Wednesday from 12.30 – 1pm for lunch, then worship and sharing until 1.15 when we begin our Bible discussion. This session we are thinking about PRAYER 'An adventure with God' The reading this Wednesday 24th January is Psalm 5 and the topic is 'Relying on God : David" If you cannot join us, here are a few of the questions we will be discussing - What happens to your relationship with God ( especially your prayer life) when you find yourself facing pressure, opposition or persecution? Instead of dealing with his enemies by becoming aggressive or planning revenge, David – in Psalm 5 – turns to God in prayer, what requests does he make? How might David's description of God's view of evil help us when we feel like blaming God for pain or persecution?
Hospice Hoedown - St Andrews Hospice are holding a Country & Western Night on Friday 16 February, 2018 at the Airdrie Working Men’s Social Club, 15-17 Broomknoll Street, Airdrie. Tickets cost £12.50 per person. Starts – 7.30pm to Midnight. Tickets can be booked online at www.st-andrews-hospice.com or by telephoning the Fundraising Department on 01236 766951.
SOUND ROUTE SINGERS: Fun, friendly and inspiring community choir in Motherwell are taking on new members. Adults of all ages are welcome, even those who think they can’t sing!Our first rehearsal of the new term was on 17th January 2018 and we’ll meet each Wednesday from 8:00-9:30pm in Motherwell South Church, 11 Gavin Street, Motherwell ML1 2RL. There are no auditions and no pre-booking required, you can just turn up. We’ll be singing an exciting mix of folk, pop, rock, reggae, world and gospel songs. Members can learn harmony singing, improve their voice, make new friends, raise money for charity and enjoy opportunities to record and perform. Sessions will be led by SoundRoutes Singers professional musicians and the cost each week is £5 with no upfront fees – participants are only required to pay as they attend.